Knowledgebase: Features and Functions
Android: Add a new contact to Viber
Posted by Daniel S. on 30 May 2011 08:26 AM
Let Viber do all the work for you
Invite your friends or relatives to join Viber! There are two ways to do this:
1. Go to your contact list on Viber, tap on the desired contact, then tap on the 'Invite to Viber' button (see image 1).
2. Go to the 'More' tab on Viber, tap on 'Invite by SMS', and choose a contact to send the SMS invite to (see image 2).
No need to search for Viber contacts
Unlike other applications where you need to add buddies and have them approve you, Viber automatically tags your contact list with your contacts that have Viber. Viber operates just like a regular phone, so if you know your contacts' phone number, then you already know their Viber number.
To call your Viber contacts, find them either in your:
1. Contact list on Viber. You can also filter contacts by tapping on the 'Viber' button on top left hand corner.
2. Or dial their phone number, e.g. +1-(555)-555-5555.
If you don’t know if your contacts have Viber, you can dial their number on Viber and if they don’t have Viber, the call will be redirected using your regular phone plan– but don’t forget to invite your friends to Viber so that your next call will be free* ;)
* When you use Viber on a 3G network you might incur operator data charges or internet access fees.
Stay in touch with your friends and relatives - for free!
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter: