Knowledgebase: Features and Functions
Android: Auto recognition of other Viber users in your Contacts
You already have your contacts' phone numbers, so why bother with yet another username and password? If you have a mobile phone number then you have a Viber number.
Once you've registered, Viber uses your phone number as your user number and lets you make free Viber phone calls to any of your contacts who have Viber simply by using THEIR phone number. Once you've downloaded Viber, it will automatically recognize other Viber users in your phone's contact list and identify them by showing a small Viber badge next to their names. To call or text them, tap on the badge and make your free Viber call.
You may also update your contacts as follows:
1. Open the Viber app.
2. Select the 'Contacts' tab at the bottom of the Viber app screen.
3. Tap on the Android phone Menu tab.
4. Then select 'Update Contacts'.
Note: Sometimes it may take a moment to update. If this is the case,
1. You may force close Viber, or turn off your device.
2. Place a call, using the keypad, to the person who you know has Viber but is without a Viber badge.
3. Send an invitation to the person who you know has Viber.
4. Re-add the contact.
5. Just wait a bit... It will sync and update.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter: